Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tiny Treasures Tuesday V1



Henry, I have to tell you something.

You are part dinosaur. Pterodactyl or something. You make these screeching, scary, bigger than a bird type noises in your sleep while tensing up your little body and throwing your arms in the air like “heeeyyyy, party people in the house!”.

You're also what I like to call an “all business baby”. You're not messing around when your hungry, need a diaper change, want to be held, are bored, etc. It's all pretty clear to me when I listen to my intuition. That's the most amazing thing, too. All I do is look at you and then listen to my heart (as corny as that sounds) and I just know what to do to comfort you. Now, that's not to say you don't keep me on my toes – you certainly do. There are definitely times I have no idea what you want and nothing satisfies, like today. Those are the days that we sometimes cry together as I rock you in my arms.

The days go by so fast. Before I know it, it's 2pm and I haven't showered, brushed my teeth, ate, etc. I've only accomplished taking care of you and a cup of coffee or two. That's enough some days, don't ya think?

When your Daddy gets home I give him 10 minutes or so and pass you off to him. He'll feed you a bottle, talk to you about his day, show you flashcards and work on tummy time on the floor. It's lovely to see him love you so much and vice versa.

Every day is still so exciting and new. We're still in shock that you're ours forever and ever and we're in awe of everything you do – even if it's just a fart.

3 comments:

Shammy said...

What a sweet note to Henry! I can't wait to meet him :)

Miche said...

That was the most beautiful letter; he will treasure that someday.

anwesha said...

I love how you ended it, and yes even his farts are all your's hehe! Loved it,can feel the love ,from a mother to her child.