Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Moving to the STL!

Moving On

I have news. Big news.

It's been almost 6 years. 6 years since I left "home" and moved down South to take a chance. I took a chance and put a lot on the line and it paid off. I've grown up so much. Made a lot of memories, met some of the best people, made wonderful family-like-always friends, got married, had a baby, saw friends get married and have babies, etc. Memories and stories that will never get old or tired of telling.

What happened? Life happened. Family happened.

It's all good.

We're moving back west. We're moving to Saint Louis, MO. Wow, huh?

It's a long story but my husband pretty much landed his dream job and I am so proud of him. The company is moving us and we'll be moving fast. His first day is the 28th of this month. I've had to be very quiet about this news and I'm happy and sad to share it. It's been really hard not to tell our friends until the last moment but it was a little bit out of our control. Luckily, everyone understands for the most part.

Right now we're in Oak Island, NC at the beach with Alan's family for a family vacation. When we get back to Raleigh we'll have like, 2 weeks to get everything done, organized and taken care of. Needless to say, it's going to be busy and crazy...and sad. :(

So if I'm quiet that's why. It's so hard to say goodbye and it brings up a lot of memories of leaving Tulsa and moving here to NC. I never thought I'd be so lucky to make such wonderful friends and here I am, better for knowing and learning and now moving on to learn and love more in a different place.

I'll really miss it here...and we'll definetely be back for visits. There's still the house to sell, half the family, friends, etc. This will always be where Henry was born, where we bought our first house and where we got married (in the house!). It'll never be the same, but it will be.

2 comments:

Stacia said...

Congrats! Good luck with your move!

Anwesha said...

I know how you must be feeling now Andrea..Its like on the one hand you want to go,since this move has a lot of advantages.But on the other hand ,Raleigh must have grown closer and fonder to your heart and so much,so much has happened with you here.You must be feeling sad leaving.I just feel bad that you will not be around,am going to miss you woman.
But seeing that this will only be good for you in the long run,I must be supportive and happy for you all.:)

Hugs!!