Friday, February 12, 2010

"Amusing"

Today during my travels I came across the mother of all flashing signs profusely using quotation marks. People, don't abuse the quotation marks!

So the sign at the Farmers Market said;

"Eggs"! "Rabbis" <---I assume they meant Rabbits
"Hand Made Soap" - what? That's sketchy.

"Crafts"; like WITCH craft? That kind of craft? Or like Martha Stuart crafts?

And don't you know everytime I go off about quotation marks I think of poor Chris Farley, flailing his chunky arms around with gusto on this skit:

maybe I'm not "the norm". I'm not "camera friendly", I don't "wear clothes that fit me", I'm not a "heartbreaker", I haven't had "sex with a woman", I don't know "how that works", I don't "fall in line", I'm not "hygienic", I don't "wipe properly", I lack "style", I don't have "self-esteem", I have no "charisma", I don't "own a toothbrush", I don't "let my scabs heal", I can't "reach all the parts of my body", when I sleep I sweat profusely

And it cracks me up that something that people use essentially to make themselves appear "smart" makes them appear "dumb"

I "love" it.


No comments: