Sunday, January 10, 2010

One Year Later!


(oh, and this may be TMI but not really, I don't think)


Today is a memorable day.

1 year ago I found out I was pregnant!! We had been trying for almost a whole year (11 months) and finally it happened. I remember just staring at the pregnancy test for forever like, "really?!?". I just had to let it soak in, the thoughts, not the pee on a stick.

The first person I called to tell was my Mom of course. I know most women would want to tell the Dad but he was no where to be found and I HAD to share the news right away.

I took 3 more tests, all positive, and then decided to tell Alan as soon as he got home. He knew right away though because for the previous weeks I had wanted nothing to eat but steak and I'm not really a big meat eater. I had also been really sick and dizzy last year around christmas time. Now I wonder if it was pre-pre-pregnancy.

Either way, we were so excited that we finally got pregnant, finally!

We tried almost everything but the one thing that worked for us was the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor. It basically just tells you your most fertile times. It worked for us on the second month. Basically I have 32 day cycle and ovulate on the 19-20 days. Which was awesome to know because we had been operating under the assumption that I had normal cycle and was ovulating on days 15-17. No wonder we weren't getting preggers.

Anyway, I just wanted to share that little story.

Kids are so amazing. We're back home in Raleigh now and Henry is just loving his sweet Daddy up and vice versa. I feel happy and relaxed as well.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hooray for the pee-stick birthday!!!!! I remember when I figured out I was pregnant as well. It is a good thing you bought the fertility monitor; I bet the eleven months of waiting to get preggo were torture!!!!! Congrats!!!